The CBE makes recommendations to the president on all aspects of the campus built environment in support of the university's core mission of teaching, scholarship and research, and engagement as well as supports the realization of the goals contained in Vision 2020 and Action 2015: Education First. The Council advises on items including, but not limited to:
- Policies and plans supportive of development of a built environment that enables and enhances the university's ability to support its mission as well as make progress toward the goals of Vision 2020.
- Prioritization, location, and funding of new construction.
- Methods of acquisition and financing of additional facilities.
- Prioritization of usage of existing space, renovation plans, and use of off-campus facilities.
- Support of and information to the Master Planning process.
- Prioritization of plans for campus regular and deferred maintenance.
Four standing sub-councils report to the CBE: Design Review, Facilities Utilization and Planning, Technical Review, and Maintenance Review, the permanent manifestation of the previous Task Force on Deferred Maintenance. The sub-councils' purpose is to research and provide expertise to the CBE in formulating their recommendations to the President on decisions impacting the built environment of Texas A&M University.
CBE requires at least six (6) voting members to be present before voting on issues. If there are not six (6) voting members present, electronic voting will be permitted.
To make a request, use the Make A Request tab at the top of this page.