Operations and Charge
Ralph Davila, Chair
To promote and sustain a high-quality built environment through a quality maintenance program at Texas A&M University. This sub-council is the permanent manifestation of the 2010 Deferred Maintenance Task Force (DMTF).
The Maintenance Sub-Council will review deferred maintenance proposals on behalf of the university with the following intent:
- Annually review the five year plan developed using the DMTF process and provide feedback and input on the plan.
- Recommend a plan annually to the full CBE.
- Review capital renewal projects in light of need for new space requests.
- Periodically review progress on Deferred Maintenance projects.
- Review any special requests that come up during the year on needed major repairs ($100,000 or greater) and recommend action (funding) to the full CBE.
- Maintenance Sub-Council meets every month (or as needed).
- A formal agenda will be published in advance.
- A quorum consists of no less than seven (7) of the nine (9) voting members.
- Receive the five (5) year plan from Facilities Services for review.
- Recommendations of the Maintenance Sub-Council will be communicated in writing to the CBE and should include appropriate cost estimates.
- The Chair will report to the CBE Co-Chairs.
The chair will be appointed by virtue of position while the rest will need to be selected and recommended to the CBE Co-Chairs after consultation with respective Deans or organizations. The Chair will be the Director of Facilities and Dining Administration.
The Maintenance Sub-Council will have the services of the staff of the Division of Finance and Operations, who will develop minutes, reports and manage the sub-council operations.
- Director of Facilities and Dining Administration (CHAIR)
- Facilities Services Representative (2)
- College Facilities Coordinator
- Faculty Senate Representative
- Student Representative
- Environmental Health and Safety Representative (to represent fire and life safety issues)
- Auxiliary Enterprise Representative (when Auxiliary Enterprise facilities are included)
- Division of Finance and Operations Representative
- Research & Graduate Studies Representative
TERMS OF SERVICE
The membership and composition of the sub-council will be assessed annually by the CBE.